the author of this app says:
NOTE: This application requires a compatible UnityRemote hardware device, available through major retailers or online at gear4.com. For more information on UnityRemote, please visit gear4.com/unity.
The connection issues experienced by iOS 4.2.1 users are resolved in iOS 4.3 - Please update your iPhone or iPod to the latest iOS release.
UnityRemote gives you total control over all your home entertainment devices.
Combine remotes by putting buttons from multiple devices into one remote layout.
Create scripts quickly to control power, play, inputs, so that you can start actions like Watch DVD with one touch.
UnityRemote is the most advanced universal remote control youve ever used. UnityRemote can be placed anywhere in your room, receiving Bluetooth signals and transmitting Infrared signals. It is quick to set up and works with almost all your home entertainment devices and the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad that you already own.
Gestures - Use swipe gestures to control volume and channels.
No dongle required. No need to plug anything into your iPhone, simply walk into the room and use.
UnityRemote receives commands from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and sends the remote control signals to your home entertainment centre.
UnityRemote helps you set up Actions, so that you control multiple devices simultaneously with one button.
Replace all your remotes with your iPhone - UnityRemote supports all devices with IR remotes.
Learning - Teach UnityRemote to control devices not already in the database.
UnityRemote sends infrared signals 360. Place it almost anywhere in your room and it will control all of your devices, eliminating all other remote controls.
iPhone 3GS, 4 running iOS 3.1.3 or 4.3
iPod touch 3G, 4G running iOS 3.1.3 or 4.3
iPad running iOS 3.2 or 4.3
UnityRemote hardware device
Please refrain from sending your bug reports or feature requests using the App Store. Instead, to ensure a direct response from us send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're always happy to help our users and receive their comments!
What's New in version 1.6
- You can now add multiple Favourites pages to create as many favourites as you like.
- You can now pick TV station icons for the Favourites pages from your Photo library or from the Camera.
- Improved "Add Device" system to help you pick the best codeset for your home electronics device.
- Optimised application and reduced memory usage
- Added support for global favorite key delimiter type
- Added support for delay times between devices to power for actions
- Added optional delay time between favorite digits
- Actions will no longer start automatically when switching from Devices to Actions view on iPad. A second tap is now required.
- Added new key icons
- Improved reliability of configuration sharing between two iPhone/iPod/iPad
- Other bug fixes
- Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later