the author of this app says:
Ghettoamp is a guitar effect simulator for Android.
Play with your acoustic guitar and Ghettoamp transforms the sound and plays it back through your headset with the effect you selected.
Use it as a stompbox for your practice sessions or use it to impress your friends!
- 3 different amplifier presets; Clean, Crunch and Overdrive
- Normalization setting which balances the output level between the presets
- Can run in the background, allowing you to use your phone while playing
- The amplifier is automatically stopped if an incoming call is received or if the headset is plugged out
- Sample rate detection which identifies the best supported samplerate for your phone
The latency between recording audio and playback is minimized by efficient coding and good sample rate detection but it can still be noticed. We are working hard on improving this and are closely watching updates to the Android audio SDK.
Ghettoamp has been tested on HTC Desire HD, ZTE Blade and Sony Ericsson X10 mini. This is the first official release and we are interested in getting feedback from you in order to improve this app or add missing features.
There seems to be a problem getting the app to work correctly on some Samsung phones running Android 2.1, we are working on fixing this issue.