the author of this app says:
Diabetophone the practical blood glucose diary app from Axonlab.
Diabetophone makes it easier for diabetics to manage their blood sugar levels on a day-to-day basis and, therefore, enables them to treat their diabetes more effectively.
Important information is immediately available. Blood sugar levels and insulin doses are displayed in graphical form. The estimated insulin action is displayed after the dose has been entered, which ensures that you always have an overview of your current status.
The events of the last 15 days can be displayed as a graphic or in text form. You can define the ideal range for your blood sugar levels. A pie chart is used to show what percentage of your measurements is inside or outside this range. An estimate of your average blood sugar level and the corresponding level of hemoglobin A1c (in % or mmol/mol) can also be displayed. Note: Entering several measurements over a short period, such as during a hypoglycemic attack, will not have a negative effect on the calculated average.
Using the app:
- Data can be entered quickly and easily using a keypad. The app identifies automatically whether a newly entered figure is a blood sugar measurement or an insulin dose. The date and time are saved automatically. The figures can be modified or deleted at any time.
- To see an overview, simply turn your iPhone or iPod touch on its side and the graphic will appear on the display. Move your finger over the graphic to see the information for previous days. Use two fingers to adjust the scale. The red dots represent the blood sugar levels and the blue bars the insulin doses. The tip of the triangle indicates the insulin peak time and the base of the triangle the entire insulin action time. The yellow line shows the current time.
- Insulin figures can also be entered with a decimal point (which is useful if you are using an insulin pump that also administers half units).
Blood sugar figures can be entered in mg/dL and mmol/L.
The estimated insulin action applies to fast-acting insulins (Apidra®, NovoLog®, NovoRapid®, Humalog® etc.).
1. Log containing figures for the last fifteen days
2. Graphical representation of blood sugar levels in relation to time and insulin action
3. Blood sugar levels in mg/dL or mmol/L
4. Adjustable ideal range for blood sugar levels with results shown in pie chart form
5. Estimated average blood sugar level and corresponding hemoglobin A1c level
What's New in version 1.1
- Updated certificate.
- Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later