Call Meter Pro 5.5
the author of this app says:
Featured in "What's Hot" on the US App Store - Reference Category.
Now works with Sprint, Verizon, ATT & all carriers world wide. And, works with iPhone 4S.
Looking for a way to cut down on your phone bill, spend less time on the phone or just keep track of how long you talk on the phone per call? This app can help you.
Call Timer Alarm
- Set the talk limit time. Alarm comes off when the time is reached, when you are on the phone. Set it 4 mins for free 5 mins calls where carriers support. It works with both incoming or out-going calls.
Call Summary Info Alert
- You can opt in to alert you the used minutes, right after you hang up. Default is Off. Turn it On to see the info alert per each call. You can also set the minimum call duration to trigger an info alert. Set it to the minimum talk time trigger of 3 or 4 minutes to avoid frequent into alerts. Or turn it off altogether.
Live Talk Time Monitor
- Need to really see the current talk time? This app shows you a live talk time counter, when you switch to the app, while you are on the phone. But you don't have to remember to switch it to the app. Set the monitor alert time. Let's say 3 or 4 mins so that you can navigate through some company's voice menu, for example. When the time is reached, it gives you an alert.
Tap on the alert to open the app. Live Talk Time Counter will be automatically activated, and it'll display the current talk time. By default, this monitor alert is On. You may turn it off. This app still tracks all talk minutes, even if you turn this monitor off. For some users, it can be overwhelming to see a live call monitor alert for each call.
Track Out-going Calls Only
- If you get charged only for out-going calls, turn this switch On. Then, the App tracks only out-going calls towards Day or Peak minutes total. If you turn this off, the app tracks both incoming & out-going calls towards Day or Peak minutes.
- Some carriers let you split a call when your call spills over Night or Off-Peak period from the Peak period. Let's say your free call period starts at 9pm weekdays. You make a call to a friend at 8pm. You end your call at 10pm. So, you have the last 1 hour of spill-over minutes. Some carriers may not charge you the free spill-over minutes. In this case, you should get charged for first 1 hour. The last one hour should be free, if your carrier supports it.
Track multiple Call Waiting Calls
- You have two live calls on line. You want to know how many minutes you used for the 1st & the 2nd calls.
Track multiple Joined or Conference Calls
- You joined 3 live calls into one conference call. You want to know how many minutes you used for each live call.
- The app tells you where you made calls. It's kinda fun way to see where you make most calls during a day trip. Color coding shows how much you spend on a call. Darker blue, more time you spend on a call.
Detailed Last Call Info
- Last Call tab shows you a detail info about the last call. It tells you how your carrier rounds off your minutes & seconds to the next minutes number.
Track Rollover Minutes
Track Off Peak Minutes
Works with both iOS 4 & 5
Works with all iPhone compatible carriers world wide
- Including the unofficial iPhone carriers like T-Mobile in the USA, China Mobile & China Telecom in China and other carriers not supported by Apple.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in version 5.5
Fixed Call History refresh bug,
- Requires iOS 4.1 or later.