PS3 Controller Pairing Tool PS3 Controller Pairing Tool
the author of this app says:
If you need help, enter the forum: http://poke64738.freeforums.org . It makes no sense to rate this app with 1/2-stars without to ask for help in the forum.
With this app it is possible to write the Tablet-MAC Address into the PS3 controller, without to have to use a PC. This is a "Pairing Tool" App only, the same what a PC-Tool does. The beneficial: you don't need a PC for this MAC-Address writing procedure.
Hint: Dont believe the 1-star comments... this app is working fine (I've tested it with some tablets, also the Xoom... without any problems).
1. Use a USB Cable to connect your PS3 Controller with your Android-Device
2. Start the "PS3 Controller Pairing Tool" waiting for enabling Bluetooth.
3. Press "Search" and select the Joystick to pair with your Android-Device
4. Press "Pair" to write the visible TextField-MAC-Address into your PS3 Controller
5. The writing procedure of the Tablet-MAC address into your PS3 Controller was successfull if you can read "Pairing successfull!"
I use my Android "PS3 Controller Pairing Tool" App to write the Bluetooth-MAC-Address (from my XPeria X8 Bluetooth Adapter) over my Motorola Xoom (no root) into my PS3 Controller (connected via USB). And then I can play on my XPeria X8 (with root) wireless with the Sixaxis Controller App. So I need no PC to pair my PS3 controller with my XPeria Phone :)
Android 3.2 or higher with USB Host Port, PS3 Wireless Controller with USB Cable.
"PS3 Controller Pairing Tool" was successfully tested with these Devices:
- Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.2 Stock-Rom, with OnTheGo USB Cable)
- Asus Transformer (Android 3.2 Stock-Rom, with Keyboard-Dock USB Port)
- Acer Picasso/Iconia A500 + A501 (Android 3.2 Stock-Rom)
- Motorola Xoom (Android 3.2 Stock-Rom, with OTG USB Cable)
- Toshiba Thrive (Android 3.2 Stock-Rom)
Other tablets should be working too, but are not tested at this time. If it's not working, then maybe your installed rooted "Custom Rom" is not supporting the Android USB Host Mode API, to pair the PS3 Controller over USB. If you got problems, rate this not with one star, write me an email, then I will see what I can do for you. Thanks!
Hint: If you use the "Sixaxis Controller" App in the Android Market (for this app you need Root-Access!), and you cannot connect to the started driver server, then you have to "reset" your PS3 controller (a little hole at the back of your controller, use a small pin for that). After that the LED's are all off. Then press the "PS" Button of your controller to connect to the sixaxis driver.
If you don't want to root your device and want to play with a PS3 Wireless Controller, also your device has an USB Host Port + USB Host API Support, then you can use my USB/BT Joystick Center (Version 3.0 and up).
Hint: If you got a "License Error" after buying this app (Android Market bug), please toogle internet on and try it again later.
This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Sony Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. All trademarks are property of their respective holders.
Market: PS3 Playstation wireless bluetooth pairing pair usb host controller joystick wired receiver fpse nes snes c64 frodo mame amiga emulator ps1 ps2 ps3 sixaxis tf101 tf201 xoom samsung motorola shadowgun sega ColecoVision TurboGrafx TG16 Gameboy duke nukem 3d doom GTA III / 3 Riptide GP Meganoid Reckless Getaway Cordy Modern Combat 3