the author of this app says:
Have you ever considered how it would be like if your Pen & Paper Role Playing Games sessions had picture and sound? Well, we did and we decided that the visual part can and should be left in your fantasy, while sounds may enhance your gaming experience!
Featuring a sophisticated audio engine that makes every sound unique and never repetitive, DMDJ turns every Dungeon Master into a perfect session DJ. With a finger touch on your iPhone you can recreate a vast amount of environmental sounds and effects that will spice up your sessions and indulge your party into the world you have created for them.
You may also choose between three different intensity levels and, for example, switch from a soft rain to a wild thunderstorm. Among other features, you also have the option of day-night transition through a simple selection button. Spoil your players with powerful sound effects specifically designed to spread agony and fear and ameliorate their adventurous mood and constant seek for glory!
Apart from helping you to set up the appropriate atmosphere for the perfect session, we have focused on relieving the burden of dice rolling each storyteller as well as the players themselves are obliged to conduct. Therefore, DMDJ comes also with a powerful and advanced dice system that can be completely customized to your needs. Roll quick dice or create your own custom dice and formulas with one touch and forget about adding up results and endless rolling. Even the most complicated dice throw is one touch away while you can trust our random generated results, just like the real dice!
Some of the Features:
1) Digital Storytelling was never so much fun. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your hi-fi system and transform your room to a fantasy land. With DMDJ your adventures will come alive.
1) Highly sophisticated audio playback engine. Smooth transition between high quality sounds, randomized environmental sound and true high end game engine, for the best audio playback possible on iOS. This is a first in mobile audio, as we used true hi-end gaming audio programming, in order to provide you with the best possible audio experience, exactly the same used in next-gen desktop computer games.
2) Fast and intuitive interface. Everything is one touch away (or two, for the more advanced options), using a smart system for editing and recalling presets.
3) Three different Dice Throwing modes. Quick dice provides you with fast dice access. Custom dice allows you to create your own dice (East, West, North, South, Yes, No etc.). Finally, Advanced Formulas allow the DM to create a vast combination of dice and bonuses.
4) Compelling graphics. Enjoy the beautifully made graphical interface, featuring intuitive colors and a fast easy-for-the-eyes arrangement, with proper contrast, so you can find and see everything fast and clearly.
5) A dedicated team of sound designers and musicians that will update the content over time. That way you will always have new sounds that will feed your imagination and help you create beautiful stories to amaze your party.
What's New in version 1.1
1) More sound presets added, more to come. Even from the initial release we received a lot of great recommendations and ideas about sound presets and effects. We are working hard, to bring those wonderful ideas to life and we thank you all for your suggestions. A special form to submit ideas for sound presets and effects will be added on our website soon.
2) More music tracks added, more to come. Our collaboration with music composers is expanding fast, we are working on more music tracks for the soundtrack of your adventures.
3) Fixed an issue that caused the music list to go blank and in some cases, to cause the appearance of some random graphic elements.
4) Added special assets load handling, for old devices that use the latest operating system. Those systems, are running many times heavy on resources, especially at memory handling and multitasking. Asset handling, is now optimized to make the best use of resources, on those devices.
5) Fixed sleep timeout to follow the device's system settings.
6) Fixed an issue with the restoration of the factory settings.
7) Memory optimization.
- Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later