Tutor for Lion 1.71
the author of this app says:
If you want to learn more about your Mac or are new to to Lion, this tutorial is for you!
***** "I have recommended this tutorial to several customers."
***** "Now I can feel comfortable with what was pretty much a mystery before. Great!"
***** "Fantastic help for learning Apple and Lion."
***** "Saved me hours of frustration."
Learn how to control Apple's latest operating system, Lion, with Tutor for Lion. This video tutorial includes 51 videos totaling over 4 1/2 hours. Apple has introduced over 250 new features in Lion and we go over the major ones including iCloud, Mission Control, Launchpad, Airdrop, Mail's new features, iTunes Match, Guest Accounts, how to troubleshoot your Mac by booting into the Recovery HD, as well as general Mac concepts including sharing your music with iTunes, using iPhoto, using the Dashboard, adding parental controls, burning disks, and more! We also cover the major changes you will see if you are coming from a Windows computer.
All videos are stored on your iPad so you do not need to use your bandwidth to watch. Keep the tutorial on your iPad for reference. Airplay enabled so you can watch the tutorial on your TV if you have an Apple TV2. Universal App! Will run on your iPhone and your iPad!
Concepts covered include:
- Major differences between PC and Mac.
- Add and delete items from the window sidebar.
- Add and delete applications, files, and folders from the dock.
- Saving your documents where you what them saved, not where the computer wants them saved.
- See all the different ways to move your files and folders.
- Getting the most out of Mission Control and Spaces.
- Search your computer with Spotlight.
- Upload your photos using iPhoto.
- How the Mail application can be your friend.
- Burn disk with Burn Folders.
- Where downloads are saved.
- The four different ways to install applications.
- How to delete applications.
- Share your media with other iTune users on your network.
- Find information fast by using the Dashboard.
- Personalize your computer with Desktop Pictures and Screen Savers.
- Adding and deleting printers and what printer options you have.
- Setting your computer up with multiple users.
- Adding parental controls to different accounts on your computer.
- What different security options you have.
- The best way to back up your computer.
- What non-Apple applications are a must have.
- Take control of your computer!
Mac OS X Terminology and Interface
- Coming from Windows to Lion
- Coming from Snow Leopard to Lion
- Working with the Dock
- Finder and the Finder Window
- OS X Folders
- Using Gestures
- Mission Control and Spaces
Working with Files and Folders
- Saving Files, Versions, and Resume-
- Copying, Moving, and Grouping Items
- Deleting Files and the Trash
- Opening Recent Items
- Searching with Spotlight
Working with Applications
- Applications and the Launchpad
- Full Screen Applications
- Installing Applications
- Uninstalling Applications
OS X Lion Applications
- Using the Address Book
- Managing Events in iCal
- Working with Photos
- Using the Mail Application
- Organizing and Sharing with iTunes
- iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match
- Surfing with Safari
- Downloading Files
- Using iChat
- Using the Calculator
- Using the Dashboard
Working with System Preferences
- System Preferences
- Desktop Pictures and Screen Savers
- Printing and Scanning
- Multiple Users
- Creating a Guest Account
- Parental Controls
- Security and Privacy
- Burning and Erasing CD's and DVD's
- Sharing Files with Airdrop
- Screen Sharing between Computers
Backing Up with Time Machine
4 Must Have Apps
Get the most out of your Macintosh and Lion with this iPad Video Tutorial!
Don't forget to check out our other tutorials... just search for "Noteboom Productions".
What's New in version 1.71
- Changed Keywords. Unfortunately this means that the whole app needed to be updated. In all actuality, there is no change in the App itself.
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later.