Merkmatics Chess Clock 2.2
the author of this app says:
A Simple, Functional Game Clock.
---- Updated for iOS4 ----
Merkmatics Chess Clock is designed to be as simple as possible while including all the functionality of a world-class chess clock.
If you like the app please write a review or give it a rating. If you have any difficulty using the app or you want a new feature let me know at email@example.com. Im grateful for your comments and support.
---------------- Features -----------------
* Each players clock can be set to start with a different amount of time
* Accurate to a hundredth of a second
* Displays number of moves each player has completed
* Clock displays times with tenth of a second resolution below 1 minute
* Times and increments can be set with 1 second resolution
* Game time is limited to 9 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds
* Negative Time
--- Clocks can count below zero
--- This is a configurable setting (off by default)
--- This is a feature that was requested for games that impose a penalty based on how much extra time players use
--- Byo-yomi and Canadian overtime coming soon.
------ Time added per turn ------
* Fischer compensation (time added per turn accumulates)
* Bronstein compensation (time added per turn does not accumulate)
* No compensation (just set the increment time to zero)
* Configurable Increment Notification System
--- Screen flashes and a quiet sound is played when your increment runs out
--- Individually configurable, each player can decide if they want increment notification and can choose between 3 different sounds
----- Handles interruptions smoothly -----
* Never lose your place in the game. Games are saved when you receive a call or close the app and restored when you reopen the Merkmatics Chess Clock.
* Games can be easily paused and resumed at a later time
------ Simple, Elegant look and feel ------
* The active player's timer turns green or blue when their turn begins
* A subtle "click" sounds, when you complete your turn, just like a real chess clock
* Two end of game sounds, a simple two-tone beep and a old school video game sound
* Small secondary display shows your opponents remaining time
* About page that allows you to email support from inside the App
------ Intelligent Power Management ------
* Clock is optimized to improve battery life
* iPhone/iPod Touch wont dim or lock during a game
* Still dims and locks when a game is paused to conserve power
* Option to use a black background to save power
I use the Merkmatics Chess Clock primarily for chess but it will work for any two-player game where you want to add a time component to the game play. It will work well with Go, Scrabble, Checkers, Backgammon and many other games.
If you would like to request a new feature, report a bug, or if you have suggestions about how to improve the app please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for downloading Merkmatics Chess Clock, I hope you enjoy it.
What's New in version 2.2
- Merkmatics Chess Clock is now a universal app
- Landscape Mode added for iPhone and iPad
- a few bug fixes
- More updates coming soon!
-- Planned updates include: Byo-yomi and Canadian overtime, a high contrast mode and a help page with in depth descriptions of how to use the app and descriptions of all settings
- Please keep the suggestions coming, they really help improve the app.
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later