Rowmote: Remote Control for Mac and Apple TV 3.3.5
the author of this app says:
* Rowmote brings the simplicity and power of the Apple hardware remote, with perfect control of dozens of applications, to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch! Please read more below :) *
You love the remote control which came with your Mac - so simple yet elegant, with easy control of Front Row, iTunes, Quicktime, DVD Player, Keynote, and more.
Or, your Mac didnt come with a remote control or doesnt even have an infrared port. Buying a remote control, from Apple or a third party, would carry a significant cost!
You carry your iPhone or iPod Touch wherever you go... so why should you carry a second device just to control your computer? Furthermore, why should you need line-of-sight to do so?
Enter Rowmote! Rowmote is like your Mac or Apple TVs remote control, but over the wireless network and even better! By tapping the Apps button, you get bonus abilities, switching between controlled programs, toggling the iTunes Visualizer, and more. Rowmote will even wake sleeping Macs.
- Control your Mac or Apple TV over a wireless network. No line of sight necessary.
- Functions just like the hardware Apple Remote Control in:
Keynote 08 & 09
Microsoft Powerpoint 2004 and later
xbmc (Xbox Media Center)
- SWITCH: Access your Macs Dock, launching & switch between all controllable applications on the Mac, toggle the iTunes visualizer, and more. Order & display customizable.
- Click-and-hold works just like on the physical remote in applications; for example, holding the right button fast-forwards, while a single click is next. This is a feature no other iPhone remote control I know of does properly!
- SLEEP AND WAKE: Put your Mac to sleep by holding the Play button for 3 seconds while controlling any Apple application, just like the hardware remote. Rowmote automatically wakes up sleeping machines which are connected via Ethernet!
- Automatically enables Front Row in Mac OS X 10.4, even if your computer doesnt have an infrared port.
- Secure authentication
- Optional dark interface
Mac OS X 10.4.0 or later or an Apple TV
Mac: The free Rowmote Helper program, which may be downloaded at www.rowmote.com, must be running on the Mac to be controlled. Some features require Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
Apple TV: Apple TV installation requires following the multistep instructions found at www.rowmote.com. Please review these instructions, which include installing free third party software on your Apple TV, before purchasing!
The iPhone or iPod Touch must be on the same wireless network (a computer-to-computer, or Ad Hoc, network works, as well). If a firewall is enabled, Rowmote Helper must be allowed access or port 5842 must be opened.
Rowmote is a steal! Couple it with Apples free Remote app to turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into the ultimate controller for home stereo, mobile presentation, or casual video viewing.
The artwork of Rowmote was designed by Rik Schennink.
What's New in version 3.3.5
â€¢ Minor bug fixes
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later