the author of this app says:
Wirelessly remote your Windows Media Center now! Browse your music library (with covers), enqueue music, create playlists ... all without your TV running.
vmcMote allows you to wirelessly access and control the music functionality of your Windows Vista© or Windows 7 Media Center. It enables you to browse your library, search music, play/enqueue tracks, view the current playing track, the in-track position, create and manage playlists (on device only), enqueue radio streams ...
The vmcMote server is an Addin for Windows Media Center.
- View the currently playing music track.
- View the current playlist (music)
- Windows 7 only: View a currently played Video, jump to a posistion inside it.
- Play/pause, next track, previous track, direct play track (on Vista).
- Jump to a position inside a track via a slider, slider has different speeds.
- Library View (Albums, Artists, Genres, Radio Streams, Search, Cover Support).
- Playlist View (Manage, Edit, Rename, Play, Enqueue Playlists Note: On Device
- Remote View (A simple remote and virtual keyboard for convenience).
- Multi server support.
- Offline mode.
SERVER SIDE REQUIREMENTS
- Windows Vista© 32 Bit with Media Center or Windows 7 32/64 Bit
- .NET Framework 3.5
- vmcMote Server, available from http://vmcmote.blogspot.com
- Please visit http://vmcmote.blogspot.com/search/label/help if you have any problems with vmcMote.
NOT supported features:
- No Extender Support
- No Incremental Database Updates
- There is and will be no video/TV/recordings library. This tool is mainly intended to give access to Media Center components where you naturally do not need a running TV to consume them. However, under Windows 7, you get the info about a just playing video.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.