the author of this app says:
Rev monitors, displays, charts, and records real-time data by interacting with your vehicle's onboard diagnostic system. Rev can also check and reset "Check Engine" lights and trouble codes and much more!
** Proud Winner of the 2009 Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award! **
"In the automotive sphere, there aren't nearly as many quality applications and even fewer that can deliver the information most gearheads crave. Thankfully, DevToaster has answered the call with Rev." -- AutoBlog
"For any car enthusiast with an iPhone this is a really cool and useful app." -- mp3Car.com
"This is by far the ultimate performance application." -- Auto India Magazine
*** As seen in: ***
* AutoBlog: http://bit.ly/1IRFGw
* The New York Times: http://tinyurl.com/rev-nytimes
* Motor Magazine: http://tinyurl.com/rev-motor
DISCLAIMER: DO NOT PURCHASE THIS APPLICATION WITHOUT FIRST READING AND UNDERSTANDING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Rev REQUIRES the purchase of an extra communication hardware component to be fully functional. See the product page below for information.
2. The creators of Rev CAN NOT issue software refunds.
Please see our app "Rev Lite" to try a FREE version of Rev, and to learn more about OBD-II hardware and vehicle compatibility. Rev Lite can also connect to the OBD-II hardware and will show you what metrics are available for your vehicle.
THE REV MANUAL IS AVAILABLE:
Welcome to Rev, the premier iPhone and iPod touch application for auto enthusiasts. Rev supports the reading and visualization of several OBD-II sensors, or "metrics". The availability of metrics varies between vehicles, and include:
Engine Coolant Temp
Calculated Engine Load
Intake Manifold Pressure
Air Intake Temp
Mass Air Flow
EVAP System Vapor Pressure
*Fuel Consumption may be inaccurate or unavailable on some diesel vehicles.
**Boost Pressure may be inaccurate on piggyback turbo systems or unavailable on some VW cars that advertise boost exclusively on proprietary protocols.
Rev 2.0 now has a great suite of features:
• Display of up to 5 metrics at once with a drag-and-drop customizable interface: position gauges however you want and save configurations for later.
• Store information about your vehicle: Rev remembers details about your vehicles so it can accurately calculate horsepower and other metrics.
• Check Engine light on? Want to get rid of the nagging light on your dash? Rev supports engine trouble code checking, translation, and resetting.
• Logging: record and review time-based or GPS-based data. Export data runs as Excel-compatible CSV data.
• GPS Track: Using the iPhone's GPS, learn about your acceleration and braking on the road and on the circuit. Green and red colors represent moments of forward and braking acceleration. Perfect your cornering habits and master the track.
• Save time and money! Check your emissions before going to the shop! Readiness monitors include 11 vehicle tests that your vehicle must have "ready" before it can pass emissions tests in most states. Rev will tell you which tests are supported for your vehicle, and whether or not they are ready. Some great info can be found here: http://www.wivip.com/monitor052108.pdf
• Acceleration: Displays, records, and charts your cornering, braking and acceleration G-forces.
• Automatic metric bounds adjustment.
• Redline: give any metric a redline value.
• PLX Kiwi Wifi + iMFD support. Use Rev to interface with PLX's extendable iMFD sensor system.
What's New in version 2.0.2
+ Re-enabled support for iPhone OS 3.0
+ Improved support for certain hardware configurations
+ Stability improvements
- Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.