Dictionary Universal 3.1
the author of this app says:
Dictionary Universal is iPhone and iPod touch application for working with StarDict dictionaries. Many StarDict dictionaries are available on the Internet for free.
* Very fast. After dictionary is indexed, minimal time is required to start before you can type text. List of matches appears without delay while you type.
* Fuzzy search. This functionality will help you finding words if they are misspelled or when you don't know how to type word correctly. Just type in the text and hit Search button on the keyboard.
* Pronunciation support.
* Favorites and Search History.
* Most complete StarDict format support in the AppStore (including images, synonyms, and various dictionary formats).
* Color highlighting for better text readability (when supported by dictionary format).
* Arbitrary word lookup. Tap any word in article to lookup it in loaded dictionaries.
*Full screen mode support.
*Multitouch gestures support:
- swipe horizontally to switch between dictionaries;
- swipe with two fingers from left to right for navigating to previous article;
- tap with two fingers to toggle full screen mode.
* Compressed dictionaries and resources support.
* Embedded web browser for downloading dictionaries from the Internet.
* iOS4 support: Fast task switching and File Sharing in iTunes.
* Supports dictionaries made for WeDict Pro.
Note: no dictionaries are bundled with the application. You will need StarDict dictionaries to use them with the application.
What's New in version 3.1
* iOS4 support:
- Adding dictionaries and pronunciation from iTunes
- Fast task switching
* Retina display support
* Option to look up text from clipboard on startup
* Powerword dictionary markup support
* Fixed an issue with indexing large archives with pronunciation data. Files up to 4Gb are supported now.
- Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.