Insight Timer - Meditation Timer 7.2.1
the author of this app says:
Imagine the sound of beautiful Tibetan singing bowls, gently and peacefully guiding you through your meditation session. Your attention focused inward with no need to worry about the clock…
Insight Timer gives you this and much more. It's simple enough to get started with just a few taps, yet powerful enough to handle the most sophisticated meditation routines with advanced features such as interval bells, presets and a meditation journal.
With the Insight Connect feature, you can become part of a global meditation community - seeing at a glance people around the world who are meditating with you. Link your Facebook or Twitter account and you and your friends can follow and support one another's practice. You can also make new friends who share your love of meditation.
* * * * * * * * * *
- You'll love our bells! Recorded with high quality digital audio equipment at a famous meditation center, these new bell samples are amazing. Crystal clear with extra long fade outs. They sound great with the built-in speaker, but to get the full effect, try using headphones or external speakers.
- Choose from eight different bells of varying size and metal compositions - from bright and clean to deep and complex with lovely overtones. A wood block sound is also included.
- Bells can be configured to ring at the start, the end, and at specified (or random) times during your session. Each bell can be set to ring once, twice or three times. The delay between strikes is configurable from 1 to 20 seconds.
- Powerful logging and statistics features allow you to track your progress over time. Multiple charts, a complete session log and helpful statistics give you a complete picture of how your practice is evolving.
- Presets allow you to save an unlimited number of configurations and assign names to them. If you have multiple meditation routines (such as Morning and Evening), this makes it easy to switch between them without any configuration changes.
- You may set a background image from your own photo album. While the timer is running, your image is shown full screen. Optionally, the time display and controls can be hidden so that they are shown only when the image is tapped.
- Meditation Journal: You may enter notes about each session when the timer ends - a practice that many people find to be helpful and therapeutic. Your journal entries can be exported via an email attachment. Journal access may be password protected to ensure privacy.
- Insight Timer will run in the background. You can start the timer, then run other apps and the bells will continue to ring. When the timer is finished, a message will pop up to alert you.
- Insight Timer is geared toward meditation, but it also works great for yoga, Reiki, exercise or any other activity that you wish to time.
- Optional labels for interval bells. Each bell's label will be displayed on the screen when it rings. You can use this to guide you though the different phases of your routine.
- Pause and resume your timer session.
- Bells will ring even when the device is locked so you can turn off the screen to save power and eliminate ambient light.
- Optionally vibrate with or instead of bells.
- iPod tracks will continue to play while the timer is running.
- Bells will ring even if silent switch is on.
What's New in version 7.2.1
Please help support Insight Timer and keep the updates coming by Rating or Reviewing the app. Just press "More Options" and select "Rate or Review Insight Timer".
Even if you've already done this, please do it again since Apple resets the ratings for each new release.
New in this release:
+ Random Interval Bells:
Many of you have asked for this and now it's here. You can now choose between setting bells to ring on a fixed schedule or having bells ring at random times during your meditation.
To use random interval bells, go to the intervals page and press the "Random Bells" button. From there you can set up the number of bells, bell type, number of strikes and volume.
+ Ending Bell Volume:
In general it's best to set the ending bell volume using the device volume. But for those who want the ending bell to be quieter than the other bells, you can now specify the ending bell volume - you can also set the volume to zero for no ending bell at all. To get to the setting, press the Timer Duration button and then press the "Advanced" button.
+ Option to disable "Current Meditator" count on home page:
If you don't want to see this display, go to the Settings page and set the "Show global activity" option to OFF.
Check out our Facebook page for announcements, videos and a place to share your thoughts and ideas about the app:
Thanks for using Insight Timer and being part of our meditation community!
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later