LiveATC Air Radio 1.7.2
the author of this app says:
Brought to you by LiveATC.net
(*** PLEASE READ NOTICE BELOW BEFORE PURCHASING ***)
LiveATC system developed/operated by Dave Pascoe (KM3T)
iPhone App by Bruce McTigue/Dave Pascoe
Stuck in the airport terminal with endless delays? Live near an airport and want to find out what's going on? Have you always wondered what pilots talk to air traffic controllers about? Now you can stop wondering and tune in!
LiveATC Air Radio provides a quick and easy way to listen in on live conversations between pilots and air traffic controllers near many airports around the world. LiveATC Air Radio lets you browse by state (U.S.) or country to find an airport and listen in to live air traffic chatter at or near that airport. You can then add any channel to your Favorites list for quick and easy access.
The LiveATC network (www.liveatc.net) is the world's largest network of streaming audio feeds focused only on air traffic control (ATC), currently covering over 350 airports around the world with over 500 different audio feeds and growing daily!
***IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please check to see if your countries, cities and/or airports of interest are covered by LiveATC BEFORE PURCHASING - check at: http://liveatc.net . Available airports are subject to change at any time - LiveATC owns and operates many of the receivers used in the network but many are provided by volunteers working in cooperation with LiveATC. Available airports can change, sometimes due to reasons beyond LiveATC's control. Also, there is no guarantee that all feeds will be up 24/7, though we make our best effort to do so and have a great track record of uptime.
Follow LiveATC for feed updates and breaking aviation and ATC-related news:
What's New in version 1.7.2
- Increased size of default audio buffers (adjustable in preferences).
- Increased reliability and consistency of network detection.
- Increased reliability of feed database maintenance.
- Improved button display for when player goes in and out of buffering.
- Fixed clipping alert error when database refresh alert was showing at the same time as the initial iOS 4.0 alert when user starts app.
- Fixed double iOS 4.0 alert - was actually just hiding and reshowing when refresh alert would show/finish.
- Requires iOS 3.1 or later