Geotag Photos Pro 2.5
the author of this app says:
Your professional geotagging solution - all you need to geotag photos taken by an EXTERNAL camera (DSLR or a compact one). Supports all JPG & RAW file formats.
Try before buy Check out Geotag Photos Lite
See a video demonstration at http://bit.ly/9cwRdA
NOTE: This version supports only iOS 4. Fixed version, that will support iPhone OS 3.1 and 3.2 is in review process.
complete solution It is an application designed especially for the iPhone to automatically store location data and includes a desktop application for geotagging your pictures. There is no need to purchase another desktop application!
supports iOS 4 multitasking (but runs on older firmware without multitasking as well)
iPhone application - tracks your position, offers multiple logging modes, functions in sleep mode, and displays your logged track on the map.
Exports to GPX standard format Three convenient ways to accomplish this task: through iTunes, by email or directly through the web. You don't need to have an internet or WIFI connection to export to GPX!
Geotagging desktop application - Geotag your JPG or RAW files - quickly and easily!
works perfectly on any operating system - Mac OS X, Windows and even Linux
you will be required to have an iPhone with GPS functionality (iPhone 3G and later or an iPad 3G, this application is not designed to run on the iPad Wifi or the iPod)
supported image formats: jpg, nef, cr2, crw, dcr, ciff, erf, orf, k25, kdc, mef, mrw, nrw, pef, raf, tif, tiff, raw, arw, rw2, srf, sr2, srw, x3f, dng
This iPhone app works like GPS Data Logger - it logs your positions during your trip. There are various logging modes, that will fit your needs - continuous mode logs every position change and is the best option, if you need the most accurate data, from the other hand time based logging (logs position every few minutes) saves your iPhone battery. Our iPhone app can run perfectly in sleep mode.
When you return from your trip you can synchronize the logged data with our desktop application, and geotag the photos taken by your camera. The application will support photos taken by both amateur cameras (compact), and professional ones (DSLR).
The application also supports geotagging of various RAW picture formats (.NEF, CRW, CR2 and others). You can also export your logged data to the well known and widely used GPX format - in the new version it is NOT NECESSARY to upload the data to our remote server, you have your GPX files created instantly and can get them using the iTunes file sharing function, or you can send them from your iPhone to an email.
Here are a few ideas on how to get the most out of Geotagged Photos:
- Use the Places function in modern viewing applications such as; iPhoto, Aperture, or Picasa to see your photos on map.
- Search for your photos by place. For example you can quickly find all photos you have taken in New York,
- Upload your Geotagged photos to different social sites such as; flickr or a similar service.
Let us know what you would like to see in the next version, we are always eager to add new and improved functions for our clients!
Visit our blog at http://www.geotagphotos.net/blog for the latest news and developments.
- iPhone with a GPS chip (3G, 3GS or 4G)
- operating system with Java 1.6 installed (it is already installed on Mac OS X 10.6, free for download for Windows / Linux).The desktop application will not work with the non-intel Mac OS X 10.5.
Q: Will it work abroad if I don't have roaming?
A: Yes, but it can take longer before it acquires the first position, especially after you first use it upon traveling by plane. We recommend that you use the iPhone maps app to adjust the GPS when traveling long distances.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in version 2.5
Version 2.5 - NEW MAJOR release
- GPX EXPORT directly from the application - through iTunes, file sharing, or even email!
- trip operations screen to MANAGE your trip
- rewritten core - now more ACCURATE, configurable and consumes LESS resources (such as battery life)!
- improved MAP VIEW - now with different map types
- supports MULTITASKING of iOS4, but will still function properly on the old 3G iPhone or 3.1 hardware without multitasking as well
- support for Retina display
Thank you for all the feedback! We are continuing to implement your requests and ideas. Please rate us in the AppStore if you like this app, it will help us to keep improving future versions.
We also have other apps! Please visit http://www.isarson.com for more information.
Relax with Paddle Pong Game (free for the iPhone, $0.99 for the iPad), check your baby with Baby Monitor & Alarm ($2.99), save yourself or others in emergency situations (Rescue Kit - $1.99), or check food additives (E Numbers Calc - $1.99).
- Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later.