the author of this app says:
The ultimate iPad/iPhone universal application that integrates with multiple data sources in order to report flight and navigation data wirelessly and in real time.
You will never be able to fly again without it. Designed to integrate with the X-Plane flight simulator, with the aid of a plugin this application allows you to track your flights in real-time in the palm of your hand, as well as to remotely control them.
You no longer need to stay glued to the computer in order to know if you're still flying at 39,000 feet, if you're still heading to the right waypoint, how long you've got left or what the weather is going to be like at your destination airport; you can now relax and do it in the garden while you read the newspaper.
But if this isn't enough, AirTrack can also use your device's built-in GPS, Accelerometer and Gyro to determine your current movements and attitude and the Internet to download real weather to simulate an aircraft's sensors.
Turn your car trip into a flight experience by getting information about your instant position, heading and surrounding waypoints. See yourself in an EFIS style navigation display / primary flight display or plan your multi-leg trip with the built in route planner FMC which gives you real-time information about your waypoints, how far they are and how long it will take you to reach them.
With its built-in database of FIX, VOR, NDB and Airports, AirTrack can also be used as a flight companion allowing you to plan and monitor your trip, target a VOR or even perform a full IFR approach without ever needing to look at the screen.
The AirTrack features include:
- A full Primary Flight Display with speed, altitude, vertical speed, barometric pressure
- Also in the PFD, compass, AI with roll/pitch, auto-pilot status and settings.
- Instant GS, IAS, MACH, TAS and VS when available.
- An MFD with APP, VOR, MAP and PLN mode with centered and expanded views.
- NAV / ADF and ILS / Approach guidance in the MFD.
- An MCP panel to control the Aircraft's Auto-Pilot.
- Wind speed and direction indicators.
- Next waypoint reporting on the MFD.
- Electronic Flight Bag style interface for iPad,
- An advanced multimode navigation display.
- A multi-leg FMC style route planner.
- Enroute Airways decoder.
- SID and STAR procedures decoder.
- Bi-directional radio stack.
- AutoTransponder Mode.
- Customizable waypoints.
- Saved waypoints and Nearby waypoints.
- Real-Time weather information for airports.
- Detailed airport information including runways.
- A database of over 190,000 localities worlwide.
- Built-in database of intersections, VORs and NDBs.
- Support for NAVIGRAPH FMS AIRAC cycles.
- Tracking of VATSIM / IVAO surrounding air traffic on the MFD.
- Tracking of which controllers are online in VATSIM/IVAO.
- Auto-tuning of ATC frequencies to COM1/COM2.
- Automatic position report generation for oceanic.
- Enhanced graphics with high-res Retina Display.
- Remote Yoke/Joystick/Rudder for flight simulator.
- Support for X-Plane
- Experimental support for FS9 and FSX(*)
- And much more ...
(*) Please see http://air.ipobjects.com/products/airtrack/msfs for details of what is supported in FS9 and FSX and what is not before buying if you intend to use with one of these simulators.
What's New in version 2.2.1
What's new in 2.2.1:
2.2.1 is a maintenance release and as such it does not introduce any new features.
It corrects multiple bugs / problems and increases the EFIS frame rate.
What's new in 2.2:
A redesigned MFD with:
- Aspect closer to the Boeing's ND.
- More realistic CTR and PLN modes.
- NAV1/NAV2, ADF1/ADF2 guidance.
- AP Source selector (NAV1, NAV2, FMC).
- VOR/ADF selector.
- TRK heading in MAP mode as opposed to HDG in APP and VOR modes.
- Less points allowed before excess data for clearer views.
- Above 40nm range only high-altitude navaids are displayed.
An improved FMC with:
- Airway decoder : Enter an Airway as a waypoint after an entry point
and AirTrack will decode the Airway and give you the possible exit points
- Runway and localizer points: Lookup for an Airport and you'll also have the
possibility of selecting a runway or ILS localizer as a waypoint.
- SID and STAR procedures : Lookup an Airport in the FMC and you'll also be
given the available SID and STARs for it; select one and its waypoints
will be decoded into the flight plan (note: Phantom RNAV points and arc turnings not supported yet)
- In addition to the X-Plane FMS data, AirTrack now comes with a demo Navigraph cycle too. This one is now the default data set.
- Support for the IVAO network as a source of air traffic and ATC listings.
- You can now display any kind of nearby points (VORs, NDBs, ...) and save
them as favourives too.
- Additional information added when available such as a VOR type or an Airport's Transition Altitude.
- As always, multiple bugs and crash conditions fixed.
- Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later