Call Informer 1.0.1
the author of this app says:
See Company, City, State, Country and more on your Caller ID!
!!! HTC Sensation owners!!!
Call Informer has been reported not to work when your screen is locked. I am trying to find the solution for this problem. For now, if you own this phone I recommend waiting to purchase Call Informer. Note that this my affect other HTC phones with newer versions of Sense as well. Thanks for your patience!
NEW: Try the new *free* demo version first to see if the app works with your phone!!!
*** If you are having problems with my apps, I want to help! Before posting a negative comment, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (email link is also at the bottom of this Market listing) ***
Call Informer is a Caller ID enhancement that shows additional contact details on the Android incoming and (optionally) outgoing Caller ID screens.
Call Informer can show:
- Name (with Prefix*)
- Number and Number Type (Home, Mobile...)
- Job Title
- Email address/Domain (NEW)
- City, State†
- Group association (NEW)
*Note: Fields only exist on Android 2.0 and higher.
†Note: Android versions below 2.0 don't separate the address fields, so the entire Address field is displayed on older Android versions.
Call Informer differs from apps like Caller ID by Whitepages and Mr. Number Caller ID. These apps look for the information on the Internet, while Call Informer shows you the information you have already saved in your contacts. This means Call Informer will work on CDMA phones when the other apps can't. It also means Call Informer is more limited than these types of apps.
No Internet connection is needed for Call Informer! The extra information is read from your address book. Call Informer does not try to find this information--you need to manually update your contacts for the details to show on your call screens.
- Show in a solid or transparent box
- Change the background color (COMING SOON)
- Set the font color and size
- Optionally tap caller details to open Contact entry (new)
- Optionally tap to hide/show caller details
- Reposition the display to suit your phone (with preview)
- Optionally show on outgoing calls
- Show during conversation, or hide when answered
- Designed to be small and efficient
- Call Informer Preferences app in app drawer will allow you to report any Force Closes you have had; also allows you to send me a Debug Log in the event of a problem
- Must subscribe to your cellular carrier's Caller ID service. Without this, Call Informer will be unable to determine who is calling you! Most US carriers include this automatically, users in other countries should check your cellular plan. BOTTOM LINE: If your calls come in as "UNKNOWN" instead of a phone number, Call Informer WILL NOT work for you (Thanks @joey)
- HTC SENSE: Call Informer may overlap your existing Incoming Call screen info; I am working on some workarounds for this. For now I recommend turning on the solid background option, and use the Vertical Position preference screen to adjust the display for the best fit. If you disable tapping, you can still interact with whatever is behind Call Informer--it is just a visual overlap.
- NO DISPLAY: If you don't see Call Informer at all after installing it, please power your phone down and back up. There have been some issues regarding certain devices (most often HTC) which don't want to allow the Call Informer service to start. Rebooting has been reported to fix this for some users. Also, try using the Screen Position preference to readjust the details box to fit in the screen boundaries.