An introduction to the Palm Pre
Monday September 21, 2009
new Palm Pre. Congratulations. In part one of this 12-part video tutorial series, Jay Goldman explains the
Palm Pre hardwareand does a
side-by-side comparison of the Palm Pre to the Apple iPhone.
Download this episode now
- The Palm Pre design was inspired by the smoothness of a river stone.
- 320x480 pixel capacitive touch screen.
- Same resolution as the iPhone screen but slightly smaller which makes the screen more crisp.
- The Palm Pre has a full QWERTY keyboard hidden under the screen. Slide the screen up to reveal it.
- The Palm Pre comes with earbud headphones that connect via a 3.5mm jack on the top of the device.
- The USB port for charging and syncing is located on the right-hand side of the Pre.
- On the back of the Pre sits the 3.2 megapixel camera with LED flash.
- The Pre does not record video.
- Volume controls are found on the left-hand side of the device. The mute / lock switch sits on the top-left corner of the Palm Pre.
Check out the Palm Pre cutting cheese