iPhone 3.0 the complete series
Pt. 6 of 5 | 15:14 |
Thursday June 18, 2009
Thursday June 18, 2009
View all five parts of our series on
how to use iPhone 3.0. Sean Carruthers shows us
what's new in iPhone 3.0 softwareas well as
how to copy and paste on iPhone 3.0, how to use Spotlight searchas well as
how to use the new Voice Memo appand more.
Download this episode now
How to cut, copy and paste on iPhone 3.0
- Hold down your finger until a magnification window pops up.
- Set in and out points by dragging the dots.
- Press the
cut or copybutton (cut is not available in non-editing programs).
- Open the application you wish to paste into and hold finger down again to open the
copy / pastemenu.
- Press paste.
- Shake your
iPhone running firmware 3.0to undo typing.
- Apps you can paste into include notepad, browser input window, URL bar, new contact and more.
- On the home screen of your
iPhone, flip back to the left of your first screen of apps to open the
- Type your search term. As you type, the
iPhonewill filter results from your contacts, e-mail, calendar, iPod and more.
- To bring up
Spotlight searchin Contacts, slide the screen down to reveal the search bar.
- Enter search terms and your results will be filtered as you type.
- Within email, slide the screen down to reveal the Spotlight search.
- Within Calendar, slide the screen down to reveal the
New landscape modes in iPhone 3.0
- In the Mail app, tilt the device sideways to get a
- In Stocks, tilt the device sideways to see a larger graph.
- Pinch your fingers to get stock performance between two given times.
Safari on an iPhone running firmware 3.0, touch and hold a link to get a menu feature.
- Options include Open, Open in New Page and Copy.
- Open the
Voice Memo appby touching the icon on the screen.
- Hit the record button to begin recording.
- Flip the
iPhoneto re-orientate the app, making it easy to record someone else.
- Tap on the menu icon to see a listing of previously recorded voice memos.
- Press the arrow on the side of entries to see details of the recording.
- Select Trim Memo and slide the in and out points to do some basic editing.
- You can label your memos and create your own labels for filing.
App of the day
Enhance your audio experience with Pocket Music Remixer Pro!